[talk-au] ACT Bridge problem.

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 11:36:02 BST 2010

The ACT Government confirned that the bridge numbering system would stay as
is and that the other plaque I saw was probably from another utility and
just on that particular bridge, so the Great Canberra BATH (Bridge and
Tunnel Hunt) is on again.

They also confirmed that some 200 odd culverts etc no longer met their
definition of a bridge, which leaves about 860 bridges in the ACT.

This means that OSM has nearly all of them mapped and all that remains is to
collect and tag all the numbers and notify the Government of those numbers
that have been vandalised and those bridges that have never had a number
attached.

So if any of you are in Canberra and notice an unmarked bridge, could you
report is position here and I'll pass it along.