[talk-au] Fwd: [OSM-dev] To OSM editor authors

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 02:33:13 BST 2011

On 6 April 2011 21:47, All Blokes <speed_13100 at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> I was very keen and learning ...had done a few edits.... not many.... but I
> was planning on getting right into it.

> I don't agree with the new licensing and have just been sitting on the side
> reading.

Just out of interest, I'd like to hear your opinion from the
perspective of a new user, unjaded by the ugliness that has sometimes
characterised this conversation on both sides.

>  I feel like I am the customer who walked into the shop and didn't get any
> service.

The licence discussion has been a huge distraction  to the project,
which is unfortunate.  Hopefully we'll be out the other side soon,
with each OSMer choosing their path onwards, or perhaps choosing to
move on.

However, I'm sure if you want to talk about mapping, or need any help
there are many OSMers who would be more than happy to lend an hand.

Ian.