[talk-au] Wiki + Data Sources + Licensing Categories

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 06:34:58 BST 2011

On 8 April 2011 14:23, Ian Sergeant <inas66+osm at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are talking about Sensis, than that is still a Federal Court
> judgement, which I believe Sensis are seeking leave to appeal to the
> High Court, and the results will be very interesting to see.  I hope
> the High Court takes the opportunity to clarify what it meant in
> IceTV.

There has already been an appeal over the Sensis decision and the
original ruling against Telstra was upheld, there may be further
appeals but from what I understand the issue is pretty much settled.

> Again with respect, what you regard as "pretty straight forward", is
> about to be litigated by some of the highest paid lawyers in the
> country, in front of the highest court in Australia.  Do you think
> they would be spending that time and money if they thought that it was
> a straightforward area of settled law?

Please list sources for this comment, because as far as I understand
it there is no further appeals on the matter currently pending.

In any case I noticed you completely skipped the next part of my
comment, OSM-F is heading directly into very tainted data due to the
debarcle that is the current license change, so unless and until OSM-F
decides to do things properly any minor amount of data is the least of
their problems.