[talk-au] Maxspeed bots

Ben Johnson tangararama at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 00:40:06 GMT 2011

On 03/12/2011, at 9:10, Mark Pulley <mrpulley at lizzy.com.au> wrote:

> On 02/12/2011, at 2:13 PM, Ben Kelley wrote:
>
>> The content of these edits is in the public domain (I.e. the default residential speed limit in Australia) and these edits could be "re-edited" by an actual bot. Given that these edits are easy to identify, and the large number of ways, this might be a useful exercise. It would give us a clearer in terms of knowing which ways are really in need of re-mapping.
>>
>> Ben Kelley
>>

> Just be aware that some of these have been re-edited - I have corrected some of these maxspeeds when they were wrong, and where they were correct I have changed the source tag. ...
>
> Mark P.

Likewise, I actually (manually) added maxspeed=50 along with maxspeed:source=default residential etc... (word for word) to many ways i created in the belief that this was some kind of accepted standard being used in Australia.

If I need to go back and change them I can, but it there are many more others like me out there then any undo/redo bot might need to consider this.

BJ