[talk-au] Maxspeed bots

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 01:00:07 GMT 2011

On 6 December 2011 11:40, Ben Johnson <tangararama at gmail.com> wrote:

> Likewise, I actually (manually) added maxspeed=50 along with
> maxspeed:source=default residential etc... (word for word) to many ways i
> created in the belief that this was some kind of accepted standard being
> used in Australia.

If you've agreed to the CT, then I can't see ways you have created being
removed by any automated process just because you have used a particular
form.  The bot edits were made from an account that has declined the CTs,
and they are the target here.

However, did you add this source after verifying the maxspeed, or did you
just guess?

If you have actually verified the maxspeed, it is important that you update
the source to be survey, or the like.  People do go and check unverified
information like this, and it adds efficiency when edits accurately reflect
the source.

Ian.