[talk-au] Residential Roads

mick bareman at tpg.com.au
Sun Dec 11 04:18:13 GMT 2011

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 13:46:50 +1000
Stephen Hope <slhope at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 December 2011 11:54, mick <bareman at tpg.com.au> wrote:
>

> > In northern Brisbane I have yet to see anything that shows you are moving
> > into a 50kph default zone.
>

> In Queensland the 50kph limit applies to all "built up areas" unless the
> street is marked otherwise.  They don't mark the individual areas, though
> they used to have some signs as you entered SE Qld, back when it only
> applied there.  They may still have some on the NSW border, they used to.

They still have the signs at the edges of urban areas but I have yet to see any notification at the point where you leave the posted 60kph zone and enter a 50 zone nor do they always have a sign near the intersection where you turn from one 60 zone to another. Unfortunately if you drop to 50 INCASE its a 50 zone you stant a very high chance of gaining a landcruiser or pajaro as a trunk ornament.

mick