[talk-au] Re-entering data to avoid licensing failure

John Henderson snowgum at gmx.com
Wed Dec 14 19:29:55 GMT 2011

On 15/12/11 02:15, Ross Scanlon wrote:
> That's fine so long as you are not transferring any tags from the
> original way.

Yes, and that's why I'm trying not to reuse any original nodes.  I
imagine a lot of corners and other detail is going to disappear from
some ways which remain (as I interpret the influence of individual
mappers on the cleansing process).

I see it's perfectly feasible to cautiously remap from historical GPS
traces.  The caution relates to having local knowledge about
realignments resulting from road works.

Is source=survey the correct attribution for using others' GPS traces?
It seems the most appropriate of the established values.

Much of Australia's major highway network is going to be removed without
such action.

John