[talk-au] I deleted a few locality boundaries...

Sam Wilson sam at archives.org.au
Sun Dec 18 09:07:54 GMT 2011

Yes, I've often wondered the same: if they're officially defined as
following particular roads etc. and then those roads move, do the
boundaries move also?

Also, there seem to be some situations in which boundaries do not
actually match the locations of the roads (etc.) that they're ostensibly
following.  I mean, not way off, but 10m or what have you, and not
consistently either -- there's some (although, I can't find one this
afternoon; I saw a couple last week out in the WA wheatbelt somewhere)
that cross over the road and then back again (which matches aerial
photography and GPS traces!).  Do roads really move all that often, and
by not much?

I always have all administrative boundaries turned off (greyed-out) in
JOSM, because they're all a bit confusing.  And not staying after the
licence change, it would seem!

- Sam.