[talk-au] JOSM filtering image/map tile URLs

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 23:50:03 GMT 2011

On 31 January 2011 08:02, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
>> You aren't addressing the core question.  "Given that the new imagery
>> plugin has made it much simpler to accidentally infringe, is a URL
>> blacklist a suitable way to raise that barrier closer to where it was
>> a few weeks ago?"
>
> The only proper answer to that question is "mu".

For everyone else confused by this, I was sent this:

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/M/mu.html

The correct answer to the classic trick question “Have you stopped
beating your wife yet?”. Assuming that you have no wife or you have
never beaten your wife, the answer “yes” is wrong because it implies
that you used to beat your wife and then stopped, but “no” is worse
because it suggests that you have one and are still beating her.
According to various Discordians and Douglas Hofstadter the correct
answer is usually “mu”, a Japanese word alleged to mean “Your question
cannot be answered because it depends on incorrect assumptions”.