[talk-au] Most insanely dissected street ?

Franc Carter franc.carter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 08:54:24 BST 2011

[snip]

> when the Northern Distributor was built in Wollongong, it carved
> through a number of streets.
> I think Cross Street Corrimal has a number of pieces now unconnected.
>
> For numbering absurdity - the Sturt Highway wins.
> Numbers out of Adelaide increase to about 231000 after Paringa. We took
> photos at about 217000.

I'm actually a fan of this approach - i.e if you know which direction
the numbers are going you just go that way until you find the one you
want.

> In Vic I didn't note a house number from the driver's seat.
> At Gol Gol the numbers are about 8000 and decrease until Euston, except
> in each town they start again at 1 and 2 for each side of the road.

This is the one frustrates the daylights out of me! Just way too hard
to know if you are in the right place. Although doing it in towns is
not as bad as doing it along Parramata road, unless they won't to
paint pink dotted lines on the road for when you change suburbs ;-)

cheers

> No numbers Euston to Balranald, Hay and Darlington Point.
> Houses in Balranald and Hay are numbered

Franc