[talk-au] ODbL data.gov.au permission granted

Andrew Laughton laughton.andrew at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 21:38:42 GMT 2011

> Yahoo granted permission for us to trace from their imagery.  yahoo
> imagery was available in josm and potlatch for quite some time.  So
> I'd expect that your tracing of yahoo imagery is fine unless I
> misunderstand what you did.

I knew it was fine at the time, while it licensed by CC-by-SA or CC-by.
I did not know it was OK by them to also publish it under a ODbL license.

This is why I thought both government data and traced data needed to be
removed because of this license change.

So just to be clear, Nearmap are OK with CC-by-SA, but not with ODbL after
a certain date ?