[talk-au] ODbL data.gov.au permission granted

James Livingston lists at sunsetutopia.com
Mon Sep 26 00:55:35 BST 2011

On 24 September 2011 00:10, Grant Slater <openstreetmap at firefishy.com>wrote:

>   * Queensland national parks, state forests and conservation areas

That dataset was actually done as two imports by two different people.

The first was being done by me, from about 18 month to 15 months ago -
manually going through the data since it also contained useful things like
roads and rivers embedded in the data. I imported about 25-40% of the
dataset, before stopping due to the licensing mess going on, because at the
time the data wasn't compatible with the CTs and I didn't see any point
continuing if the data was just going to be removed.

The second import was done a few months ago IIRC, but I can't remember off
the top of my head who was doing it. We did have a chat on #osm-au about it.

If the dataset is now acceptable as far as re-licensing is concerned, I can
go and flip my account from disagreeing with the CTs to agreeing with them,
since data.gov.au things (especially the parks data) were the last of the
datasets with issues for me :)

--
James