[talk-au] Introducing myself and I have a question too

Alex Sims alex at softgrow.com
Thu Aug 9 00:54:48 BST 2012

On 8/08/2012 3:23 PM, Matthew Landauer wrote:
> Recently, mySociety, a UK based charity and one the worlds pioneers in
> online digital democracy released a web service called mapit:
> http://global.mapit.mysociety.org/
>
> What it does is slurp administrative boundary data from OSM and
> present and republish it in a really easy to use (and free) web
> service.
>
> I see that 2011 LGA boundary data is available on data.gov.au:
> http://data.gov.au/dataset/local-government-area-asgc-ed-2011/
Dear Matthew,

I've admired the mySociety projects, particularly Fix my Street. I also
diligently scanned my junk mail for http://www.electionleaflets.org.au
in the last federal election.

I'm happy to work on importing LGA areas once I've caught up on tidying
things up after the "great redaction of 2012" in South Australia.

Alex