[talk-au] remapping help?

Ian Villeda villeda at developmentseed.org
Wed Aug 15 16:08:35 BST 2012

Over here at MapBox we're structuring our remapping priorities right now. Starting with end of August we'll have better tracing capacities again (some folks are going out for vacation).

If you can use help with tracing / repairing that can be done remotely, please let me know. We want to help, but want to make sure we're supporting the efforts and priorities of the local community.

Also here's a map i made last week of mappers contributing the remapping of Sydney on rebuild.poole.ch. Represented are individual nodes colored according to the user that edited or created them. The user's names are scaled based on how many nodes they edited/created. Let me know if you think visualizations like these could be useful in (re)mapping, or could be improved in order to be useful.
http://tiles.mapbox.com/villeda/map/map-m7isafy8

Thanks,

-ian
https://twitter.com/ian_villeda