[talk-au] RMS (NSW)'s Bicycle infrastructure map in beta ( http://www.bicycleinfo.nsw.gov.au/maps/cycleways.html )

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 00:05:19 BST 2012

Hi Sam,

I'm sure we can do better.

I was following apmon's remapping idea on the weekend, and for each
suburb pair in Sydney produced a travel distance for car routing
(using all motor vehicle accessible roads) and a "quiet cycle" routing
(using only highway=residential|cycleway, cycleway=*, lcn=*, rcn=*),
then sorted the resulting grid in terms of % difference.

I'm yet to come to terms with exactly what the numbers mean (if
anything :-), but I think there are certainly some pointers to further
urban exploration in there.

Ian.