[talk-au] National borders (was: import of state borders?)

Michael Krämer ohrosm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 07:06:24 BST 2012

2012/8/31 Ian Sergeant <inas66+osm at gmail.com>

> Well, I think the baseline is defined here..
>
> http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2006L00525
>
> I don't think we have any issues using those facts as a source.

That looks great, combining this with the coastline should work. The
coastline can be either drawn via osmosis from a planet extract or perhaps
also from OverpassAPI. But I guess we'll have to generate all those line
segments in QGIS to get the coordinate systems right.

2012/8/31 Paul HAYDON <cadmanager at live.com.au>

> BTW, in QGIS it's Vector / Geoprocessing Tools / Buffer(s) - and I seem to
> recall some issue with the number/scale (read: map units), but I managed
> to work my way through it previously.

Exactly, I remember that I somehow had to convert 12 nautical miles into
fractions of degrees lat/long or so.

Michael