[talk-au] Contacting non-responders in AU?

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 03:39:09 GMT 2012

On 14 February 2012 14:09, James Andrewartha <trs80 at student.uwa.edu.au>wrote:

I think Ben's
> explanatory paragraph is just about whether edits from CT-agreeers
> needed to be immediately removed due to license violation, as
> previously it wasn't clear whether you could sign the CTs and still
> use Nearmap (which is why I never signed them).

Personally, I think it is clear from the original thread that Nearmap
intend to grant someone in exactly your position the capability of agreeing
to the CTs, should you wish to.

There is no other possible interpretation that I can see that could lead to
Ben's statement "For the Australian mappers in particular, this means that
there need be no mass deletion of existing data based on tracing from
nearmap.com", and the statement,  "edits submitted before the 17th of June
2011 under CC-BY-SA (i.e., by someone who HADN"T [my emphasis] accepted the
new CTs at the time of submission) ...  to stay in the database."

Ben - sorry to involve you in this again - but could you possibly just
confirm for James' benefit, that your email was intended to cover someone
in exactly his position.  That is someone who has historically traced from
Nearmap, can agree to the OSM CTs, and edits can remain in the OSM
database, as long as tracing doesn't continue from Nearmap post June-17,
2011?

Thanks,
Ian.