[talk-au] AGRI: 2.5m CC-BY Australian Satellite Imagery

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Tue Feb 21 10:35:06 GMT 2012

On 20 February 2012 21:58, Andrew Harvey <andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> https://www.ga.gov.au/products/servlet/controller?event=GEOCAT_DETAILS&catno=72657
>
> Not sure if anyone would find this useful for non-nearmaped areas. Comes
> with a $250 price tag (but CC-BY licensed) and a fair bit of work to get
> it usable in JOSM, and its only black and white I believe. Practically
> not really useful I think, but the geogeek inside me still wants to
> check it out...

I am happy to help + host. I currently have a pet project helping with
aerial imagery + out of copyright maps.

Examples (all work in progress):
 * Surrey England:
http://faffy.openstreetmap.org/?zoom=11&lat=51.26407&lon=-0.43075&layers=0B00
 * Out of Copyright UK:
http://faffy.openstreetmap.org/?zoom=7&lat=53.29355&lon=-2.49618&layers=00B0
 * South Africa Topographic:
http://grant.dev.openstreetmap.org/cdsm-tiles-test/ (early attempt,
pre-rendered)
My current setup uses MapServer and TileCache. Re-projection and
tiling is on-demand.

The imagery is a fair bit of storage, but I'm sure I could work something out.

Regards
 Grant