[talk-au] Back in editing - Tracks and 4wd areas

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Thu Jan 5 11:11:55 GMT 2012

On 05/01/12 18:47, Sam Couter wrote:
> Ross Scanlon<info at 4x4falcon.com>  wrote:
>> To me this is really odd.  If the track is 30km long and there is
>> 1km of 4wd only then is not this track all 4wd_only.  As without a
>> 4wd you will not be able to go from one end to the other in a 2wd.
>
> Only if the track has no other access. Said access may not yet be mapped
> in OSM. 2WD can also be used to get from one end of the track to the 4WD
> section, even if it can't be used to traverse the 4WD section.

Ok so if your mapping every 10m and the first 10m is 2wd and then the
next is 4wd the remainder of the track becomes 4wd_only.

Read the wiki:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:4wd_only%3Dyes

It's quite specific as to what constitutes a 4wd.

And all your's below has been discussed before.

Cheers
Ross