[talk-au] Centenary Hwy / Cunningham Hwy Junction (the Ipswich one)

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Fri Jan 6 01:40:11 GMT 2012

Is anyone here familiar with the junction of the Centenary and
Cunningham Highways south of Ipswich? (Not the other junction at Darra.)

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-27.66562&lon=152.74265&zoom=17

East of the junction, on approaching the junction the Cunningham
Highway divides into two - I'd guess each branch is probably one way -
but on the current map the westbound branch only goes to
Ipswich-Boonah Road. There is a GPS trace  going from this branch
(just after the Centenary Highway bridge) to the highway bridge over
Ipswich-Boonah Road, but no way has been entered yet - is this part of
the current highway? (There are also some traces from former
alignments prior to the construction of the Centenary Highway.)

(When I passed this way in late November, I only went eastbound onto
the Centenary Hwy, so didn't look at the westbound alignments.)

Mark P.