[talk-au] Apology and Re: Mass revert now??

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Sun Jan 8 03:31:56 GMT 2012

On 08/01/12 11:11, Peter Watson wrote:
> If a way is cut to add a bridge or whatever the second part becomes
> yours as V1 but the nodes will still be the original contributors. Hence
> a seemingly good way with red nodes. This is outlined on the wiki under
> remapping.

This is new information, ie the way that was originally here now has a
bridge, roundabout, whatever, in the middle and is composed of the two
ways either side of it.  It's not as Nick suggest that the original
information is changed in it's entirety only certain sections that are
new info and hardly the fault of the person editing as it's part of the
way osm works.

 > I am actively remapping areas which I have surveyed previously. I am
 > suprised some mappers are still adding data to ways that are red because
 > these will go I am certain, and I don't want to wait till April and
 > still have to remap these areas.
 > Peter W

Some people just don't subscribe to the mailing lists and so are
unlikely to receive the information that these edits will be lost.

Cheers
Ross