[talk-au] [OSM-talk] [sharedmapau] Re: Mass revert now??

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 23:02:52 GMT 2012

Ian wrote

"If we can't actually accomplish any of this, we may as well go away and
come back when the deed is done to see what pieces we can salvage."

What I'm hoping for (and will push for) is that before the event there is
an OSM-POST full database (read only) which we can use all our tools
on but which contains only the clean data as will exist after the change.
This would need to be refreshed regularly to reflect remapping progress
and changing data retention rules/strtagies.

Then after the changover this would be replaced with a (read only)
OSM_PRE databsae, with full history, that is the last CC-BY-SA version
so that we can continue to reclaim clean data, that was thrown
out with the bath water.

Nick