[talk-au] Sydney metroads - directional?

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 03:10:17 GMT 2012

Hi,

I think I need to recreate Sydney metroad relations, because they keep
getting modified, and I'm concerned the modifications will get lost when
the relations disappear.

If they are divided roads for most of their length, I think there is a
certain elegance in having them as two directional relations. This means
the relation will be continuous from the start to the destination, and
josm, etc, will always make sure they are correct.  When the two directions
share a carriageway, then they belong to both relations.

The direction would just be noted as a tag in the relation - it wouldn't
render anywhere, or have any other effect.

Any opinions one way or the other (excuse me)?

Ian.