[talk-au] Redaction progress

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 01:55:42 BST 2012

Let's give it a few days, and come to terms with the effort we're facing
and the kind of changes required before deciding the response we need.  I'm
not convinced that having features drawn in without local knowledge or
survey is the necessarily the best way forward - especially in areas where
we have local contributors and knowledge of the areas requiring remapping.
So many private roads, farm trails, gates, fences, etc.

However, I'd renew the call for experienced overseas armchair OSMers to
take a look around and help in ways that don't require local knowledge.
Lots of split objects, deformed coastline, waterways and other ways where
nodes have been removed, etc, that anyone who would like to adopt an area
can find easily and fix.

Ian.