[talk-au] Redaction progress

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 20 23:25:07 BST 2012

Well I think there is a big backlog for fosm,
we still have to process and apply thousands of changsets from osm. Also
the value of fosm is not the people editing right now, but the fact that we
have data that is being destroyed. Additionally, we have a understood
license.

I personally have stopped all mapping after osm has blocked my account. I
have a big backlog of work for fosm in the queue.

mike

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Grant Slater
<openstreetmap at firefishy.com>wrote:

> On 19 July 2012 10:29, waldo000000 at gmail.com <waldo000000 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Wooh! Finally, with those little green boxes starting to appear over
> > Australia, we can start to see the light at the end of the license change
> > tunnel.
> >
> > Show of hands - Who's going to 1) stick around and help fix the
> Australian
> > OSM map, and who's going to 2) jump ship and contribute to a fork (and if
> > so, which one)?
> >
> > I'd love to stay with OSM but we gotta work together so inevitably I'll
> go
> > with the majority...
> >

> OpenStreetMap Australia has on average 26 mappers per day:
> Daily low of 16, Daily high of 41.
> Source:
> http://osmstats.altogetherlost.com/index.php?item=countries&country=Australia
>
> FOSM worldwide has 11 mappers in the last week. (17 in the last month)
> --------
>    Nodes edited in last week - FOSM user.
>    5854 - 80n
>       2 - aharvey*