[talk-au] REMAPPING: Shorelines on the NSW Central Coast

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 10:06:05 BST 2012

The original coastlines were from PGS see -

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Almien_coastlines_%28PGS%29

We then imported ABS2006 data, and some people aligned the coastlines to
the suburb/town boundaries in that.  In some parts of Australia these are
accurate, in other parts not so much.

This data was then adjusted in comparision to yahoo/nearmap/bing.

We can import the ABS2011 data for the coastline section, if you really
want to.  I've done this for parts of Sydney Harbour and Georges River
where it was quite accurate.

However, for an area where hires imagery is available, I think it is fairly
straightforward and more accurate to trace it.

If there is a part that is badly damaged, perhaps add it to the rebuild
task manager thing?

Ian.