[talk-au] Re-Mapping (RE: various posts)

Ben Johnson tangararama at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 18:58:25 BST 2012

Paul,

The road hierarchy on the Central Coast (and everywhere) is, i guess, based on a combination of contributor perceptions and people trying to make sense of guidelines in the OSM wiki. There will always be debate about road classifications because so many factors can justify the relative importance of a road, and those criteria vary from country to country.

Once the RTA (or RMS or whatever they're called this week) get around to removing all those pesky green cover-plates off the road signs to reveal the new routes I think we'll have a clearer picture. I doubt SR83 will exist for much longer - certainly not via Donnison Street at least, but possibly a new B route via Manns Road.

There's a swag of local streets and classifications in our area that need review... so if you believe something is wrong and you have sound reasoning, then feel free to change them.

Ben

Sent from my iPad