[talk-au] Talk-au Digest, Vol 65, Issue 24

chuck sirron rednorth at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 00:41:35 GMT 2012

Hi all,

Mike from TMR got in touch with me this morning reversing his statement
about using tourist route information on local council maps, see below. I
haven't used them to add anything to OSM anyway.

"Hi Wil,

Unfortunately your posting on Open Street Map has caused me some grief!

It seems I was not correct in thinking that the maps I provided as
reference material in PDF form can be freely used. Those on my GIS  section
with a greater understanding of copyright matters have decreed that
copyright does actually exists over this information and therefore it
cannot be made available to Open Street Maps.

<name>, one of my GIS associates, can provide more information on copyright
matters pertaining to this data if you wish to discuss possibilities but it
seems likely that it will not be possible to use this data in the way you
envisaged in the short term at least. You can reach <name> on <number>.

My apologies for the confusion, but would you please update your posting to
withdraw the expectation that the route marking information I provided can
be made available to Open Street Map

Kind regards,
*
Mike"*