[talk-au] Alphanumerics in Northern Territory?

Ben Johnson tangararama at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 04:46:20 UTC 2013

Hey Mark,

Good question about NT alphas. I might be able to point you the right way. I'm a member of the Aussie Highways Google group… Sam Laybutt over there (admin of the group) also runs a very good website called ozroads.com.au and he has a page dedicated to the NT alphanumerics -

http://www.ozroads.com.au/NT/routenumbering/alpha/alphas.htm

I'm sure he'd appreciate your updated observations too.  Sam's very knowledgeable and seems happy to share info with OSMers.  I can ask him on your behalf if we can use that info if you like, or feel free to join the Google group yourself and participate in the discussion over there.  For NSW at least it's a great way to monitor exactly when each alpha route gets commissioned - and in many cases we can pinpoint the exact date and put it into the database as a historical reference (I've been using ref:start_date for this purpose).

Ben
PS - thanks for fixing up those Hume Highway issues around Casual I mentioned the other day! :-)