[talk-au] South Australia - Public Transport / OSM data

Walker, Garth (DPTI) Garth.Walker at sa.gov.au
Wed Nov 27 01:02:04 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I was lucky enough to get in contact with Alex Sims who is the local OSM contact for media here in SA.

I'm working on supporting one of our Public Transport Initiatives Open Trip Planning which uses OSM mapping data, and looking to the community for support to enhance the current mapping data available for metropolitan South Australia.

Currently we've identified that there are several areas of OSM which require tagging for pedestrian access, which impacts our open trip planning routing options.

*         Street Address Limitations ( missing streets and street numbers)

*         walking paths data not included across many of the highways (North East and Main North Gepps cross) connected to transport infrastructure, such as railway stations, and bus interchanges. Grange is a hot spot, as has been Aldinga, Blackwood and Belair, Mclaren vale ( which looks like its improving) and some areas around

*         Southern and Northern suburb areas not detailed

*         Smaller Shopping Centres, Councils and other places of interest not named.

I'd be very happy to help as I am also involved with the Government Open Data program at http://data.sa.gov.au/
I'm keen on building some good relationships with contributors and application developers so would like to gather some more support for OSM in South Australia.

Hope to hear from you all.

Kind Regards

Garth Walker
Customer Information Project Officer
Client Experience Project Manager

Customer Experience | Public Transport Services
Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure
GPO BOX 1553, Adelaide, SA, 5001
Government of South Australia

Telephone (Primary): (08) 8218 2108
Email: garth.walker at sa.gov.au<mailto:garth.walker at sa.gov.au>
Web: www.dpti.sa.gov.au<http://www.dtei.sa.gov.au/>
For all your public transport information go to www.adelaidemetro.com.au

The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or the subject of legal privilege or public interest immunity.  It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail in error please phone +61 8 8303 0832.  This e-mail and any attached files should be scanned to detect viruses, however no liability will be accepted for any loss or damage whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) resulting from the use of any attached files".
Think BEFORE you print and consider the environment