[talk-au] National Park unclosed poly, want advice

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 02:02:10 UTC 2015

On 22 April 2015 at 06:23, Nathanael Coyne <nat at purecaffeine.com> wrote:
> Now I've also got this situation where the much larger but very low fidelity
> forest poly is conflicting with my new high-fidelity poly for the actual
> Murramarang National Park
>
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/-35.6942/150.2560
>
> I don't know whether to clean up the edge of the larger forest poly to use
> the same coastline nodes as my national park poly because there's also the
> issue that the national park probably can't be considered a subset of the
> forest poly as there are non-forest regions within the national park!

As you've noted the National Park Boundary isn't going to always be
natural=wood, so maybe keeping them in separate ways/multipolygons is
best? Regarding the coastline, does the NP boundary extend to the
coastline? Do the trees also extend that far? Normally you would get
some rock or sand between the trees and the coastline, so they
probably won't match up. It depends how much detail you want to put
into it.