[talk-au] Brisbane river

Ross info at 4x4falcon.com
Mon Jul 20 03:40:29 UTC 2015

Guess it depends on how you go about this.

I'm guessing that you intend to create waterway=riverbank[1]
multipolygons for the rivers and leave the waterway=river[2] in place
marking the centerline of the river.

If so  should not be a problem.

Be careful that you are not tagging for the renderer though.  As this:

"Having the wide rivers as closed objects means that waterways import as
polygons and that makes making good looking maps easier."

sounds very much like manipulating the data to create the output you want.

Cheers
Ross

[1]http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:waterway%3Driverbank
[2]http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:waterway%3Driver