[talk-au] NSW NP&WS tracks closed during total fire ban days

Andrew Davidson u887 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 25 06:16:06 UTC 2015

 I'd prefer going with access rather than opening_hours for a couple of reasons:
1. Opening_hours is more geared towards POIs whereas access applies to ways (which is what the wiki entry for opening_hours hints at).2. Putting in opening_hours="Closed during Total Fire Ban days" causes the JOSM validator to flag an error; meaning that your tag is only going to last until the next keen JOSM user comes by and "fixes" it.
So something along the lines of:
access:conditional= no @ total_fire_ban ?
Whatever we choose is going to be very Australian specific. In the US it might be something like:
access:conditional= no @ red_flag_warning

But a red flag warning is not the same thing as a total fire ban so you can't use the same conditional.