[talk-au] LPI Base Map road names

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Sun Feb 21 09:49:14 UTC 2016

I’ve been adding some names from the LPI base map. I was wondering how ‘accurate’ the names are. Most of the time the names look OK but I’ve noticed a couple of issues.

1. Occasionally the name of the street is mis-spelt. Sometimes it is an obvious misspelling, but I’ve put a fixme tag on at least one way for a survey check.

2. Sometimes the name of the way on LPI is different to the existing name in OSM. Most of the time this simply involves splitting the way where a road name changes. I’ve noticed a few times when the road name on OSM is very different to the name on LPI. Does anyone have any guidelines on when to use the name on LPI and when to use the name in OSM?

Mark P.