[talk-au] Residential/commercial property boundaries

Michael Gratton mike at vee.net
Sun Jan 3 15:42:06 UTC 2016

So basically there's no consensus about whether property boundaries
should be included or not, but regardless they  won't get rendered
anyway.

I experimented by adding some properties and their addresses for a
couple of streets in around Enmore, and Nominatum was able to find the
addresses as you'd expect, e.g. searching for "22 charles st, enmore"
returns <http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/389348302>. However also as
expected no boundary or even house number was rendered.

What a shame. It seems that in lieu of having any buildings marked out,
using property borders would have been a useful way to indicate
addresses - also seems more correct than using buildings, to my mind
anyway.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.