[talk-au] Disused Railway Stations

cleary osm at 97k.com
Tue Jan 26 02:38:13 UTC 2016

While undertaking various edits, I have notice multiple railway stations
with the words "Closed" or "Abandoned" or "Grain Only" as part of the
names.

I have changed some of these so that those words are removed from the
names and have added other tags to reflect the closed or abandoned
status.

For example:

abandoned:railway=station
name=Mulwala

disused:railway=station
name=Coorabin

railway=freight_station
freight_station=grain_only
name=Oaklands

I have noted that historic:railway=station_site is another possibility.

There seem to be many more disused railway stations that are identified
as railway=station even though there are no services. Am I correct in
making the above changes or can someone suggest better ways of tagging
these places.