[talk-au] Legal access to Public land ...

Frank Sundowner61 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jul 1 23:26:56 UTC 2016

OpenStreetMap Wiki page Australian Tagging Guidelines has been
changed on 1 July 2016 by Swanilli to say that the public has a legal right to access public land ...

No!

The NSW NPSW do legally exclude the public from certain areas and at least vehicles from certain tracks.

The NSW, WA, SA and Victorian State Forests legally exclude the public too .. think about the car rallies held from time to time.

Even 'public roads' get closed to the public from time to time... how else would the Bathurst Road Race be held?????

I have remove the offending statement from the wiki. I did attempt to contact the user .. but the wiki page has no send a message' type thiny ...  hence this message.

---