[talk-au] Checking on bug-fixes before committing changes.

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 09:37:53 UTC 2016

On 7 Jul 2016 7:21 PM, "Simon Slater" <pyevet at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> G'day all,
>         While waiting in the Balranald Bakery yesterday I thought I'd
install
> OSMBugs and OSMTracker and see what needed doing in the area.  Since this
is
> the first time I've done this, I've a couple of questions.
>
> 1/      POI without name: https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1950504127
has a
> brand=Caltex tag.  To fix this one, which is better: change brand of
Caltex to
> operator or add operator=Caltex, leaving the brand tag?  Or is the
operator
> the proprietor and use the tag name= instead?  Locals just call it 'the
> servo'.  The other Caltex is 'the roadhouse'
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/206203789

I wouldn't remove the brand=Caltex because that is the branding of the
service station right? If it's operated by Caltex you can add that tag too.
It's common to see three tags brand, operator, and name all equal to Caltex.

Though for name you might also see things like "Caltex [Suburb]"

> 2/      Fixme tagged item https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/118043858 is
in the
> right place by GPS and the other tags are correct.  Do I just delete the
fixme
> tag?  This would also apply for a couple of others.

Yes,if you've validated the thing the fixme tag was added for you can just
delete the tag.

> 3/      With the correction needed for:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/118043885 to extend the divided road,
is it
> better to delete the single section, then add the divided section as 2
ways
> down to Bank St, or move the single section to one side and add a parallel
> way?

I prefer to move the single section and add another way parallel, because
it retains the history of the way, but both approaches are valid.