[talk-au] GNAF (address) data re-visited

cleary osm at 97k.com
Sat Jun 25 03:35:33 UTC 2016

I'm sorry that I'm slow in picking up an old thread from about six
months ago but I remain uncertain about the implications.

As I understand the situation, the licence that accompanies the GNAF
(address) data from data.gov.au is not itself adequate for OSM. However
the data it is covered by the explicit permission to which Daniel
O'Connor referred and which is clearly published in the OSM Wiki at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Attribution/data.gov.au_explicit_permission.
Therefore it seems we are able to use the GNAF (address) data in OSM.

Please correct me if I have misunderstood the issues in this discussion.