[talk-au] Another tool for finding Poke-paths

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 07:03:21 UTC 2017

G'day all

Had a look at a few of the spots reported there.

2 of them are footpaths (in 1 case, a very funny shaped path!) in parks.
Looking on Google Maps, there are no paths showing in either of those parks
- are we able to use Google to confirm that something *doesn't* exist, & so
remove it?

Another one http://osmcha.mapbox.com/44699581/ seems to be OK, with lot's
of detail in the park area, although there appears to be 2 park boundaries,
one of which overlaps a residential area?

That general neighbourhood, though,
https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?changeset=44699581#map=18/-32.05107/116.01466,
https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?changeset=44699581#map=17/-32.05462/116.00603
is
a mass of "points", none of which are named.

Interestingly enough, someone's backyard pool is actually a lake, complete
with pier & wet / dry dock!

Across the road is a natural area, even though it appears to be a normal
suburban block, that includes a peak & a cave entrance, while someone
nearby has a tourist attraction in their backyard!

Is there anything much we can do about this sort of thing?

Thanks

Graeme