[talk-au] Another tool for finding Poke-paths

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 22:45:22 UTC 2017

On 3 February 2017 at 10:08, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The ones I looked at were http://osmcha.mapbox.com/45454430/ (the zig-zag
> made me wonder?) & http://osmcha.mapbox.com/45454374/ (a nice straight
> rectangular path?).

In my opinion, for the first one, it does seem plausible, it cuts
through the tree line, and they did tag it as surface=ground so it
might not be easily seen from imagery. Only way to confirm is on the
ground survey or ask the contributor via a changeset comment. The tag
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:informal could be used if it
only evolved through usage.

The second one looks more suspect, you can't even see a faint trail
from the Mapbox imagery, I would say it's too hard to tell without an
on the ground survey to confirm. Or ask the contributor what the path
there really is like.