[talk-au] Residential Coordinates

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 04:01:40 UTC 2017

Perhaps a good use for this kind of data would be a feed of *buildings not
mapped*

IE:
 - Grab data as you are doing or via a platform like morph.io
 - Overpass queries to find out if there is any building geometry at given
coordinates
 - Produce an RSS feed or similar (Maproulette? To-fix?)

I manually do something similar with planningalerts, to find buildings
being demolished or built in my area.

The rental information itself is probably better in a separate repo - its
likely to change frequently with leases. A number of commercial data
providers sell this kind of thing; so there's obviously some use for it...
just perhaps not in OSM itself.