[talk-au] How to map CBD boundaries?

Ben Kelley ben.kelley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 04:59:51 UTC 2018

I think the problem is that there is no official boundary for things like
"greater metropolitan area", and so I think this is to be expected.

We only have the suburb/town, and also the LGA.

e.g. The suburb of "Sydney" is quite small compared to what people consider
the city of Sydney to be. Is an address in the suburb next door in
"Sydney"? Officially no, although colloquially maybe yes.

 - Ben.

On 5 February 2018 at 14:15, Joel H. <95.5.radio at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just downloaded an export of NSW boundary data from OSM. Now in this
> dataset a locality called "Tweed Heads" has been included, The problem is
> that is area only covers the CBD and not the city (including all suburbs)
> as a whole.
>
> How should I go about mapping this CBD boundary?
>
> Also if anyone who handled the imports can send across an OSM file
> containing only the city limits, or could add them, would be great!

Ben Kelley
ben.kelley at gmail.com
http://www.users.on.net/~bhkelley/