[talk-au] [OSM Brisbane] Missing Maps Volunteer Mapping Party

Joel H. joelh at cocaine.ninja
Mon Feb 19 06:56:25 UTC 2018

Hello all.

You may have heard that I will be taking over OpenStreetMap Brisbane
events along with Stéphane. This year we are aiming for one event per
month, so try and come along to as many as you can!

This March we will be doing a Missing Maps party, This is a volunteer
event that will take place at Toowong Library from 09:00 - 13:00 on
Sunday 4th of March.

Schedule:

We'll be mapping throughout the afternoon, in addition to:

09:00: Registration & set-up

09:15: Introduction to OpenStreetMap and the Missing Maps project

09:30: OpenStreetMap/Missing Maps Training

10:00: Snack break (snacks provided!)

10:30: Mapping

11:30: Lunch break

13:00: Wrap-up and farewell

What is it?

The aim of the Missing Maps Project is to map the most crisis-prone
parts of the developing world. With your help we can directly improve
the lives of some of the planet’s most vulnerable people. Both beginners
and experienced mappers are welcome to join this mapathon, please choose
your ticket according to your level of mapping skills.
Where will we be mapping?

We will be mapping high priority tasks from the HOT Tasking Manager.

What do I need?

Just a laptop (please bring your own with you), a mouse and enthusiasm
(mouse isn't absolutely necessary but makes the mapping A LOT faster).

Where is it?

We're very kindly hosted by the Toowong Library, located in Toowong
Village Shopping Centre at 9 Sherwood Rd, Toowong, or
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/529373044 in OpenStreetMap.

Thanks for your consideration, you can register at EventBrite
(https://www.eventbrite.com/e/missing-maps-volunteer-mapping-party-tickets-43080683484)
although you can just email me back instead.

-Joel Hansen