[talk-au] Fwd: FOSS4G SOTM Oceania update

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 11:23:20 UTC 2018

Hi all,

We've begun a fortnightly cadence of committee meetings to make sure we
build & maintain some momentum on organising the November conference. We
had our last meeting on the 16th, and minutes can be found on the wiki
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-SOTM-Oceania>.

Highlights include:

   - We have a logo! now to put it to use...
   - We've visited possible conference venues
   - Progress made on developing the budget & a sponsorship prospectus
   - Some discussion around a possible travel grant fund to provide
   assistance to attendees who might not be able to attend otherwise

Participation & discussion amongst the community is welcomed! If you're
curious to learn more, drop us a line at admin at foss4g-oceania.org, or check
out these resources:

   - the wiki <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-SOTM-Oceania>
   - the Google Drive folder