[talk-au] How would I go about tagging South Bank in Brisbane?

Vũ Phạm Minh Tuấn vutuan202 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 06:32:15 UTC 2018

Hi Joel,

I think tagging *place=*neighbourhood would work. place=neighbourhood is
used for localities part of a suburb, but not recognised as a suburb.

Similar cases are Chinatown
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/525738401>, Melbourne
VIC 3000 and Syndal <http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2596023937>, a
locality in Glen Waverley, VIC.

On 28 February 2018 at 17:05, Joel H. <joelh at cocaine.ninja> wrote:

> According to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki
> /South_Bank,_Queensland)
>
> South Bank is a cultural, social, educational and recreational precinct in
> Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. The precinct is located in the suburb of
> South Brisbane, on the southern bank of the Brisbane River.
>
> This name has more popularity than "South Brisbane" but is only really a
> section of that suburb. I would really like "South Bank" to appear on the
> map since it is important. I've figured out a good center point but am
> unsure what place= tag I should use.
>
> Any ideas?

*Tuan* • Vu, Pham Minh Tuan

Springvale, VIC 3171, Australia • +61 412 401 380

vutuan202 at gmail.com • *FB <http://www.facebook.com/tuanifan> *•* LinkedIn
<http://vn.linkedin.com/pub/minh-tuan-vu/40/462/831/> *•* OpenStreetMap
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tuan%20Ifan%20Vpy>*