[talk-au] Help with licensing

Andrew Harvey andrew at alantgeo.com.au
Fri Jan 19 09:23:27 UTC 2018

There's no guaranteed way, but there are a few different ways to
approach it. The OSMF provided templates do a good job of explaining the
reasoning.
It's never a quick process, always involves a lot of back and forth.
Plus the more agencies complete the waiver the easier it gets to
convince agency X to agree.
On Fri, 19 Jan 2018, at 4:19 PM, Jonathon Rossi wrote:
> I also want to make use of the QLD DCDB and was going to start a new
> thread on the mailing list about it today to work out how to get out
> of this stalemate after Andrew Davidson informed me last week.>
> It appears Andrew Harvey just recently had great luck with Victoria
> DELWP signing the waiver and on a corporate letterhead. AndrewH was
> that luck and are there any insights that you could assist us with
> here that might help us convince QLD DNRM?>
> Jono
>
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 2:42 PM Andrew Davidson
> <theswavu at gmail.com> wrote:>> It's a known problem with a difference of opinion between the
>> Queensland Government and OSM as to licence compatibility. See this
>> thread for example:>>
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/talk-au@openstreetmap.org/msg10883.html>>
>> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 3:34 PM, Satuim <95.5.radio at gmail.com> wrote:>>> Hey everyone,

>>> I recently asked for permission to use a CC-BY 4.0 dataset but got
>>> rejected. The dataset I want to use is fairly important (boundaries
>>> for suburbs and counties for QLD).>>> Here is the response I got: