[talk-au] Deserts, mapping and sources

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 19:55:03 UTC 2018

Best to have both? Then take a conservative approach - where both say
desert, map it as desert.
However these do not say the names of the deserts and the boundaries
between these deserts - some of them share boundaries.

The present OSM data has a number of deserts mapped as nodes .. so they
should be findable .. they just don't render well.
At present to the causal map user there appears to be only one desert in
Australia - the Simpson Desert.