[talk-au] Mapping Indigenous Place Names

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 20:53:38 UTC 2018

While Australia has some 300 native languages, Papua New Guinea has some
800...

Yes I support entering the native language .. possibly both name:aus and
a more specific language code where known (a duplication)?
There are probably places where language groups over lap and there may
be more than one name. Humm which one to use as name:aus could be a
problem.

Should the English language ones be recorded as name:eng=Ayers Rock ?
I think they may be entered as alt_name, possibly they also should be
recorded as name:eng too (a duplication).

The wiki needs to be changed to reflect this.. after some discussion.