[talk-au] Mapping houses and addresses in Sydney

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 22:19:00 UTC 2018

+1 for the LIP Imagery and Base Map.
I have been doing a few places - the shopping areas for tourist spots as
that is where I think most of navigation demand is. At the centres of a
block the street name is fairly obvious. The corners can be tricky for
the street name .. but if the number flows sequentially in one direction
and non sequentially in the other you can extrapolate that the street
name is the same as for the sequential numbers.

In Sydneys CBD the LIP Imagery is fairly up to date, in Coffs Harbour
the DigitalGlobe Standard Imagery is more upto date.

Good luck, there is a lot to do .. you may find it best to do the start
and end of each street as a start to the house numbers, you 'll get more
done and it will serve as a guide for the people trying to navigate.
Oh .. and it is not necessary to map the buildings .. you just need a
node with the address information ..that will speed things up too. But
for the shopping areas I have been adding the building outlines too.